Terms Regarding Acceptance of Gifts
1. The Donor represents and warrants to the Toledo History Museum that he / she is the sole owner of title to the donated object(s) and has full power and authority to give the object(s) to
2. The Donor acknowledges that the donated object(s) irrevocably and unconditionally becomes the property of the Toledo History Museum. This donation is made without restriction, including display, reservation, retention, or disposition of the property involved, either now or in the future.
3. The Toledo History Museum shall provide a suitable depository for the object(s) and maintain and preserve the object(s) in accordance with standard museum and archival practices.
4. The Donor acknowledges that because of limited gallery space and the policy of changing exhibitions, the Toledo History Museum has not promised, and is in no way obligated, to exhibit the object(s) in the Museum.
5. The Toledo History Museum shall make the object(s) available to qualified researchers without restriction and subject to the Museum's standard practices and in compliance with the copyright laws of the U.S.A. This includes copies of materials for the purposes of research, exhibition, publication, and interpretation.
6. Any restrictions on access to any of the donated object(s) must be approved by the Museum and noted on this form.
7. The Museum shall return or dispose, according to the Donor's stipulations set forth, of the object(s) which are determined to have no permanent value or historical interest, or which the museum cannot properly house or preserve.
In accordance with the terms and conditions set forth, if accepted by the Toledo History Museum, I / we as sole owner(s) and/or author(s) hereby agree to convey, transfer, assign, and deliver the object(s) described above together with title and all copyright,trademark, and associated rights which I / we possesses, to the Toledo History Museum and acknowledge that the Museums acceptance of the gift is subject to the terms outlined above.